Time goes by pretty fast! We’ve got a few days left to enjoy our Christmas break, but before returning to normal daily routines I would like to show how we prepared for Christmas at school.
We let our imagination and creativity take flight creating lovely Christmas cards.
As children have been good this year, the smallest ones wrote Santa a letter asking for their favourite toys. I ´m sure Santa made their wishes come true.
CHRISTMAS WISH TREE
This Christmas wish tree is a nice little school project at Christmas time, to help children think about the real meaning of Christmas. We used different colour Christmas balls and bells for each student from Level 3 to Level 6.
With all my heart I wish you rich blessings and all the best for the New Year.
On 25th December English people eat a big lunch or dinner.They eat turkey with gravy, roast potaoes, sprouts and other vegetable. For dessert, they have hot Christmas pudding.
They pull Christmas crackers at the table. There are paper hats and presents in the crackers.
Here you have my students’ Christmas dinner. Delicious!
Here’s a super cute and easy homemade Christmas ornament for the kids to make.You can try them at home!
Aqui vos deixo un adorable e doado adorno para decorar a árbore en Nadal que podedes facer na casa cos vosos cativos.
This last week we used popsicle sticks to make some Christmas ornaments. We have already used popsicle sticks to make different art craft before but this time we made ornaments shaped like a Christmas tree and a star!
Esta derradeira semana usamos palitos de madera para realizar adornos de Nadal. Algunhas veces empregamos este material para realizar diferentes manualidades pero, neste caso, realizamos adornos con forma de árbore de Nadal e de estrela.
Materials for Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornaments
- Colored popsicle sticks (or you can paint regular popsicle sticks green and red)
- Hot glue gun
- Liquid glue and/or tape
- Other embellishments (ribbon, glitter,stikers, etc.)
Os materiales necesarios para realizar esta manualidade son os seguintes:
- Palillos de madera de cores (ou ben podédelos pintar con témpera)
- Pegamento quente( Podedes utilizar pegamento normal pero tardará máis en secar)
- Lazo ou corda.
- Tixeiras, papel e ceras.
- Outros materiais para decorar a manualidade( purpurina, pegatinas, lazos,…)
Directions for Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornaments
1. Glue three green popsicle sticks into a triangle using a hot glue gun. We need two triangles to make a star.
2.Cut another small piece of string to make a loop for hanging. Glue or tape this to the top back of your ornament.
3. Add any embellishments. I added little golden or silver stars and a big one on the top of our trees.
1. Pegar tres palillos formando un triángulo con pegamento quente.
2. Cortar un trozo de lazo ou corda e pegalo por detrás da parte superior do triángulo para poder colgalo.
3. Decoralo con purpurina, pegatinas,… Nos engadimos unha estrela grande na parte superior da árbore.
We hope you like it!
Take a look at the picture below with some simple words related to Christmas and then complete the hangman game.
Click the picture below and write your name if you want to play.
Here you have an awesome performance in our Christmas Festival. Congratulations guys!
Do you want to sing along with your children these Christmas songs at home?
They really love them!!
I sure everybody has already chosen a poem, a song or maybe a play for our Christmas Festival. But….
How about us?
Would you dare to sing this song performed by Frank Sinatra ?
Or do you prefer singing along with Michael Bublé?
Christmas is around the corner and everybody is really busy preparing the Christmas Festival or thinking what they might do in the English classroom.
However, Christmas songs can often be too fast or too difficult for young learners. Super Simple Learning has created some simple songs, games, party ideas, lesson plans, and teaching resources to help you enjoy Christmas with kids from 2-8 years old.
Click on the picture and enjoy Christmas!